Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Book of Mormon Reading Schedule



i'm a few days late in posting this, but there is still time to easily catch up!!

our ward was challenged to finish the Book of Mormon by Christmas day!  who's with us?  


I usually don't write very long posts, but here goes, this is important to me!

Let me ask you this, how many times have you found something so great that you just want to tell everyone about? It happens to me all the time. A couple of months ago, I bought a new surface cleaner that I completely fell in love with.  Boy, I wanted to call up everyone I knew and tell them all about it and how much I loved it!  Every time I used this product, it just made me so happy inside!  It worked so well, got the job done right, and made my surfaces sparkle!  I was a believer and I wanted all my friends to try this!  I did tell a lot of them about it; not to sell it, but to share with them something that I loved!  We all have 'em, our favorite book, an amazing recipe, a hilarious movie, a delicious restaurant, etc. Well, I find myself so excited and passionate about these things that i literally want to shout from the rooftops about how much this product, place, thing has helped me, enlightened me, and made things so much easier and better for me. 

My life was/seemed completely fine, content and great before I used, read, or experienced such things. Sometimes we don't know what we are missing. Well, just like my desire to share my new found favorite this, that or the other, I stopped and thought about my ultimate favorite thing and realized how much I would love to tell all the people I cared about the very most about my testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints


This is something I hold very close to me. It is special. It's personal, and it brings me more happiness than I know I'll ever realize. I want so badly to shout from the rooftops my delight, wonderment and joy The Book of Mormon brings to me!  I want to invite everyone to church with me each week and sit right beside them as we learn more about our Savior Jesus Christ.  But I can't.  I am way too scared to get on top of my roof or anyone's rooftop and let’s face it, I would look like a crazy!  As members, we just want to share what we love!  We want all families to enjoy the eternal blessings we do.  We don't want to harass, force, or make anyone accept the Gospel, we just want to introduce our most precious, favorite thing.

I've always been a little nervous to share my testimony with non-members and even inactive friends, family members and associates.  I worry that I may offend them.  I worry that they may feel pressured. I tend to shy away.  WHY I ask myself?!  If someone had something that they loved that much, that brought them so much peace, happiness, joy and blessings, I would want to know!  I would be sad if they didn't share that with me.  So I am sharing this gift with you now :)


If you haven't had a chance to read the Book of Mormon, or haven't read it in a long time, I invite you to pick it up and read it.  Moroni makes a promise at the end (Moroni 10:3-5)and challenges us to ask for ourselves if this book is true.  

What do you have to lose?  If you sincerely read it, ask, and listen to your heart, you will know of the truth for yourself.  

re-post 2/18/2009



i have made up a printable bookmark schedule to share (below).  
just right click on each image (front & back) and save to your computer to print :)  enjoy!



follow me on instagram @brightsides_girl
©2012 brightsides, all rights reserved.